Let me preface this (and all my recipes to come) with the fact that I am hardly Martha Stewart (minus the jail time) or Rocco DiSpirito (just because I think he’s pretty awesome). Cooking, baking or anything of the like are definitely not my specialty, so if I am posting them here then make note that they will definitely be “user friendly”.
With that being said, please enjoy the newest yummy treat that has been added to my very slim repertoire – Oatmeal Banana Muffins. This delightful recipe has no flour, no sugar, no butter, no oil. But coming from a lover of all things sweet, they are delicious!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup (or 2 5.3oz containers) plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners
- Place all ingredients in a mixer except the chocolate chips (I like to use my KitchenAid mixer), I start on the lowest setting and gradually increase the mixing speed. Once I get to the highest setting, I leave it for about 3-4 minutes. Just enough time to make sure everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and hand stir
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups
- Place muffin tin in the oven for about 10 minutes
- Tip: Use a toothpick to test that all muffins have been thoroughly cooked
- Remove muffins from tin, let cool and ENJOY!