I have to thank my sister for introducing me to this next recipe. Up until she made it for me on a recent trip to visit her, I had always had a negative impression of Meatloaf or associated it with Will Ferrell in the movie The Wedding Crasher (“MAA MORE MEATLOAF”). But I have to admit I had been wrong, Meatloaf can be pretty tasty!
This recipe is courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis with the exception of a couple ingredient changes.
I still haven’t gotten my husband on the bandwagon, so I like to make this recipe and store in the fridge for my lunch. Relatively simple to make and much better than what I probably would be eating otherwise.
- ½ cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 large organic eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Mrs Dash Salt-Free Seasoning
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine and stir bread crumbs, parsley, tomatoes, garlic, eggs, olive oil, feta and Mrs Dash
- Slowly add in the ground turkey
- Once all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed together, carefully pack the mixture into a 9×5 nonstick loaf pan (sprayed with cooking spray)
- Mixture should fill the pan about halfway
- Bake until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees – roughly 40 – 45 minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes
- Slice and ENJOY!