To say my husband is a meat and potatoes guy would be the understatement of the year. Since I am hardly Martha Stewart in the kitchen, I am working to build my manly-dish repertoire. First up is lamb chops.
- 5lbs lamb chops
- 1 whole onion
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 potato
- 2tbsp (minced) garlic
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice your onion into rounds – place the rounds at the bottom of your crockpot
- Place your lamb chops on top of the sliced onion in the crockpot
- I like to cook my potato and carrot before putting them into the crockpot to soften them up. Chop up the potato and about a cup of carrots. Put them in a bowl with water (just enough to cover your vegetables) and put them in the microwave for about 4-5min to soften them up. Drain out the water. Put the slightly cooked potato and carrots into the crockpot around the lamb chops.
- Add in your garlic, balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper
- Cook on low for at least 6 hours
- The longer you cook them, the more tender and juicier they will be.