It’s about to go down – your weight that is! As I break down the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan for YOU.
I once saw a video of someone who said they disliked the fact that it was called “Fix” because that implied that something was broken but the fact is that 21 Day Fix is in fact fixing something that is broken – eating habits. Right now more than one-third of US Adults are obese and almost one-fourth of adolescents. Let’s be honest, that is not good. But I’m not here to talk stats, I’m here to help YOU change your life. And a big part of that is understanding how to eat healthy and get your nutrition in check.
What I love about the 21 Day Fix is that is simple, easy to follow, portion control. You aren’t told you CAN’T eat certain food groups or that you have to count calories or points. Basically, if it fits in it’s appropriate container, you can eat it! Yeah!
Here are some basics for you:
- When you order the 21 Day Fix, it comes with 7 color-coded containers:
- Green Container (Vegetables): 1 1/4 cups
- Purple Container (Fruits): 1 1/4 cups
- Red Container (Protein): 3/4 cups
- Yellow Container (Carbs): 1/2 cups
- Blue Container (Healthy Fats and Nuts): 1/4 cups
- Orange Container (Seeds and Dressings): 2 tbsp.
- How do I know how many of each container I can have in a day?
- Simple calculation that you are given, which is also included in your package
- Don’t feel like you have to eat all your containers. If you aren’t hungry, then don’t eat for the sake of eating.
- If you find you need more food, start by adding a Green Container first.
- You will want to spread your containers out throughout the day – between 3 meals and 2 snacks, roughly 2-3 hours apart. This will help keep your metabolism going and burning throughout the day.
This plan is about teaching you to eat clean, healthy food. It is not a diet but a way to a healthier life that will become a lifestyle for you.
Sample Meal Plan
Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology blended with ice, coffee, 1/2 cup strawberries and 1/4 banana (1 Red, 1 Purple)
Morning Snack: 3/4 cup Yogurt (1 Red)
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Breast, Spaghetti Squash, Feta and Cucumbers (1 Red, 2 Green, 1 Blue)
Afternoon Snack: 1 cup Strawberries (1 Purple)
Dinner: Filet, Asparagus and Sweet Potato (1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 2 Oils)
Ready to try it for yourself and make a change to healthier, fitter life? YES!