I was in between workout programs and decided why not give the 3 DAY REFRESH a try. My husband was going to be away for 2 of the days so there would be no temptation with his potentially glutinous dinners.
I’m not going to lie, going into my 3 days, I was feeling nervous, not knowing exactly what to expect. Should I plan to stay in the house for 3 days (if you know what I mean)??!
Here are the basics of what to expect:
- They’re permitted but better to stay away from coffee or tea
- No milk, sugar or substitutes
- No cheese, meat or dairy
- Make sure you aren’t planning to do any strenuous activity – keep it mild to moderate – think yoga
- You will want to stay hydrated as this will help your body and the program to work properly – so think at least 75 ounces of water a day – starting with 8 – 12 ounces when you first wake up
- Your body will be taking in a solid dose of FIBER so be warned that this may cause some extra gas or bloating – it is COMPLETELY normal
- Prep ahead of time!! This will be important to your success. You will want to make sure all you have to do is reach into the fridge to grab your appropriate foods, leaving little to chance.
A “Typical” Day:
- Breakfast: Shakeology with a fruit
- Mid-Morning: Fiber Sweep
- Lunch: Vanilla Fresh Shake with a fruit, a vegetable and a healthy fat
- Afternoon Snack: A vegetable with a healthy fat
- Dinner: Vanilla Fresh Shake with dinner entrée from list of meal options
For me, I’m thinking of this in terms of a cleanse of my eating habits and not like the juice ones some people tend to do. It isn’t about starving myself, as that is not happening (and not the intent of the 3 Day Refresh) but making sure I am set up for success. That I get my body and MIND in the right place.
What is going on in my head?
- Day One: Feeling pretty. Around 3pm, I thought I was going to ravage whatever food was in my house but I stayed the course and decided to chug some water instead. After dinner it seemed to go away and I was back to feeling fresh. I did have a minor headache before bed but that seemed to be gone by morning.
- Day Two: Woke up feeling pretty energized. My slump hit after dinner and that’s also when the gas started. Luckily hubby is away so it’s just me and “the kids”.
- Day Three: Woke up feeling tired but in good spirits. It’s the last day! I just need to get through the next 24 hours and I will have conquered the Refresh.
- Tip: Drink it FAST!
- It actually tastes not bad but the longer you let it sit the more “gritty” it tastes which is not so nice
- You will definitely want to add something to it! For me, it tended to have an almost chalky taste. So, when you can add your fruit – I was a fan of raspberries or strawberries. If it’s dinner, then add something like cinnamon or I like mint but I wouldn’t recommend having it plain.
All in all:
- I’m glad I decided to give it a try. I’m feeling revived and ready to tackle my next workout program.
- It gave me three days to get my portion controlling back in check and back on track.
- In the three days, I lost 3 pounds and 1.5 inches off my waist. Not too shabby if you ask me.
- Want to give it a try for yourself??! Check it out HERE.
Here’s a rundown of one of my three days’ meals.