Football season is upon is and do you know what that means . . . . beers and nachos and sweatpants OH MY!
I’m here to tell you that you can still have those yummy nachos but in a healthier way. Yeah!
Bell Pepper Nachos
This recipe makes 2 servings and they are less than 300 calories per serving. Now that’s a WIN.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. Taco Seasoning Blend (or packaged taco seasoning mix)
- ¼ cup water 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide slices
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide slices
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeds and veins removed, sliced (optional)
- ½ cup pico de gallo (or fresh tomato salsa)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with spray.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning blend and water. Mix well; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until water evaporates.
- Arrange peppers in an oven-proof baking dish; top with turkey mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Divide pepper mixture evenly between two serving plates. Top with jalapeños (if desired) and pico de gallo; serve immediately.