I don’t know about you but summer is NOT over for me. It’s still sunshine and shorts in my household. If you’re anything like me, I think Sangria when I think about warm weather. But with the cool weather upon us, why not have yourself a healthier version of a red wine sangria.
At only 150 calories per serving – YOU ARE WELCOME! 🙂
– 1 Tbsp. water
– 2 Tbsp. dark honey (like buckwheat, avocado, or wildflower)
– ½ cup brandy (or cherry brandy)
– 1 cup fresh blueberries
– 1 cup fresh blackberries
– 1 cup sliced strawberries
– 1 (750-ml.) bottle pinot noir wine
– 6 small strawberries
– 6 fresh mint leaves
– Combine water and honey in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds; mix until well blended.
– Combine honey mixture, brandy, blueberries, blackberries, and sliced strawberries in a large pitcher; mix well.
– Add wine; mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
– Evenly add sangria to eight glasses. Add a strawberry and mint leaf; serve immediately.