Have you ever tried the lettuce wraps at PF Changs?? If so, then you know that are delish but not so summer body friendly. So, while I am always on the lookout for new recipes that allow you to feel full without going crazy, I also like to attempt to recreate some of my favorites just in a more healthy, easy to cook way. That is where these Turkey Lettuce Wraps come in to play.
- 1.5lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Medium Onion – diced
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Tomato Sauce
- Put the Ground Turkey in a large skillet on medium heat, stirring frequently until all the pink is gone
- Add in all the spices including the minced Garlic – stirring frequently for about 5 min
- Add in the diced onion – let cook for about 5 min
- Add in the water and tomato sauce – mix throuoghly – let cook for about 15 minutes
- Give it a little taste test . . mmmmm
- Add the turkey mixture to your lettuce leaves
- Serve and ENJOY!
Makes about 6 servings – each servings is 1 Green, 1 Red.