This is real life.
I’m not a chef. I’m not trained. I’ve actually always had this thought that cooking was meant to be hard, take a long time to make anything worthwhile and always steered towards the “easy” way.
Truth is. I am simply a mom, trying to make a healthy lifestyle change for myself and my family.
Truth is. Most of the meals I make are NOT “Instagram worthy”. But you know what. That is real life. That is mom life.
Truth is. Most of the time I suck the first time I make something. But I keep at it. I keep trying.
And today I learned that I will not use baking cups when making egg cups again . . .
- Nonstick spray or reusable silicone baking cups
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 2 cups Egg Whites
- 1 cup chopped peppers and onions
- Dash of himalayan salt and ground pepper, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line a twelve-cup muffin tin with fun silicone baking cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Combine almond milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Evenly divide chopped peppers and onion between prepared muffin cups.
5. Evenly pour egg white mixture over onions and peppers.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean, and eggs are set.