For the last year, my motivation has been on a roller-coaster ride. I allowed external “things” to get in my way, to control my emotions and get in my head, clouding my goals.
We moved house, which I actually wanted. I have been working through postpartum anxiety. I have nerve issues in my back that I let get the best of me.
All of these took its toll on me, throwing me a curve-ball that I didn’t quite know how to deal with. Finally, in December, I had enough and was ready to push myself through, gaining control of myself back and getting back to working on a stronger, healthier me not just for myself but for my family. My son is my everything and I didn’t want him to watch me give in, to say screw-it but to fight for me.
In January, my company was launching a brand new program that I just knew was exactly what I needed and at just the right time. But, I had no idea just what that effect was going to be and just how life-changing it was for me.
“It’s only over if you quit”
What I’ve learned in the last 44 DAYS:
- I have the ability to let the scale determine my CONFIDENCE, my WORTH, ME
- The scale is only a number. You hear that so often but I used to be someone who got on the scale every morning and let that number determine my day. How happy I was or sad or defeated I felt, all based on that ONE NUMBER.
- The problem is that it is just a number. YOU ARE SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT.
- I am stronger than I think. At times, I doubted myself but when I chose the heavier weights I felt empowered by MY OWN STRENGTH
- This is MY JOURNEY, stop comparing yourself to anyone else, that can also led to you feeling defeated and not being proud of you own accomplishments
- It is more MENTAL than you think. You can do anything you set your mind to.
- It is OKAY TO MODIFY. Previously, I would allow my back pain to be an EXCUSE for me to not workout. Now I know that it is simply a matter of modifying the moves that I need to
Since starting on my NEW JOURNEY 44 DAYS AGO, I have only allowed myself to get on the scale once a week for my weekly check-in but with it, I also check my measurements and take my photos. This has helped me to see a WHOLE VERSION of the work I am putting in.
These last 44 DAYS have also shown me that this is truly a journey, it never ends. I will never give up on myself or my health. Once you feel like you’ve “completed” a program, you start to let things slip which simply creates a downward spiral to going back to you OLD WAYS. Think of this as the beginning of your journey.
Take time to truly work on your self. There is so much power in taking some time for yourself. It could be in taking a bath or getting a massage or sitting outside with a good book. It has more effect on your mind, body and soul than you may think.
During these first 44 DAYS, I was away from home for 9 of them and I still worked out and did my best to stay on track with my nutrition without feeling deprived. I set myself up as best as I could for SUCCESS while on vacation.
Don’t ever give up. Focus on those non-scale victories and remember this is a JOURNEY.
So far I’m down 6lbs, 10 inches and I’m not stopping
Are you ready to get healthier, stronger or simply need someone in your corner??
I’d love to be in your corner helping you, motivating you. And I have a whole group of MOMS ready to be in this with you too!
Get plugged into a community of other BUSY MOMS just like YOU working to get their confidence and energy back: http://bit.ly/29yhrRQ