This is real life.
I’m not a chef. I’m not trained. I’ve actually always had this thought that cooking was meant to be hard, take a long time to make anything worthwhile and always steered towards the “easy” way.
Truth is. I am simply a mom, trying to make a healthy lifestyle change for myself and my family.
Truth is. Most of the meals I make are NOT “Instagram worthy”. But you know what. That is real life. That is mom life.
Truth is. Most of the time I suck the first time I make something. But I keep at it. I keep trying.
And today I learned that I will not use baking cups when making egg cups again . . .
- Nonstick spray or reusable silicone baking cups
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 2 cups Egg Whites
- 1 cup chopped peppers and onions
- Dash of himalayan salt and ground pepper, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line a twelve-cup muffin tin with fun silicone baking cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Combine almond milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Evenly divide chopped peppers and onion between prepared muffin cups.
5. Evenly pour egg white mixture over onions and peppers.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean, and eggs are set.
Summertime typically means a season of travel. With the kids off from school, it makes it the perfect time to get away with your family. It can also mean it’s the perfect time to get away from your workout routine or indulge in sweets and tempting cocktails like mojitos and margaritas on the beach. But what it doesn’t have to mean is falling off the wagon.
Joine me for 37 days (1 week of prep and 4 weeks of clean eating and 30 minute workouts) for some SUMMERTIME accountability!
I have learned so much about my own personal health & fitness and truthfully how I feel when I fuel up with good food that I don’t want to go back to my old ways! And I want to share that with YOU!
* Balance between those summer treats and your goals
* How to travel and eat healthy
* How to make a meal plan
* Healthy summer swaps
* Proper portion size
* 30 minute total body workouts
* At least 1 cheat meal per week
My goal is to teach you how to make a lifestyle change, not a crash diet, or something you feel deprived by!
You will be given KNOWLEDGE, SUPPORT and INSPIRATION daily to workout, eat healthy and crush your goals! Stop making excuses and start forming habits that will last a lifetime.
ARE YOU IN??? Respond that you are GOING to the event, invite some friends & let’s do this!!!
Complete my application here to get started today: http://bit.ly/29yhrRQ
NOTE: You cannot already be a coach or working with another coach!
Here’s a little Thursday Treat for you that your little ones are sure to enjoy. . . WATERMELON PIZZA
• Fresh watermelon slices
• 4 tbsp reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
• 4 medium strawberries, sliced
• 2 tbsp fresh blueberries
• Spread each watermelon wedge with 1 Tbsp. yogurt
Top evenly with strawberries and blueberries
It’s no lie when I say I am no Martha Stewart or Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen. Prior to becoming a Beachbody Coach, I had only made two meals – Beef Stews and Macaroni. I am all about easy, convenient and tasty. So when you see recipes on my blog it is because they taste good, are healthy and relatively easy to make. This is one I thought up in my sleep and decided to give it a try. I think you’ll like it!
CROCKPOT PORK CHOPS WITH ONIONS AND POTATOES
Cooking time: 5-6hours
Yields: 2 servings
- 1lb Pork Chops
- 8 oz Pearl Onions
- 1 cup Low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 2-3 Medium Potatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- “Dash” of Rosemary
- 2 tsp Honey
- Add all ingredients to your crockpot, except the honey
- Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours
- Add honey after 4 – 5hours, cook on high for the last hour
- Serve and ENJOY!
Football season is upon is and do you know what that means . . . . beers and nachos and sweatpants OH MY!
I’m here to tell you that you can still have those yummy nachos but in a healthier way. Yeah!
Bell Pepper Nachos
This recipe makes 2 servings and they are less than 300 calories per serving. Now that’s a WIN.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. Taco Seasoning Blend (or packaged taco seasoning mix)
¼ cup water
1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide slices
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide slices
¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeds and veins removed, sliced (optional)
- ½ cup pico de gallo (or fresh tomato salsa)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with spray.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning blend and water. Mix well; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until water evaporates.
- Arrange peppers in an oven-proof baking dish; top with turkey mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Divide pepper mixture evenly between two serving plates. Top with jalapeños (if desired) and pico de gallo; serve immediately.